Wednesday 14 March 2012

Safe and Sound (and successful?)……

I’ve just checked and it’s been a month since I added a new post to my blog!
I’ve got a fairly good excuse given that a fair chunk of that time has been spent trying to climb two mountains but to be honest I was hoping to have added something before now!
Personally I blame the 1,800 photos that I came back with and the time it has taken (so far) to whittle them down into something more manageable.
It’s something I always enjoy doing as going through all the photos in their raw form allows me to relieve the trip on a day by day basis providing an opportunity to absorb and savour the experience.
The good news is that I’m nearly done and as promised I have kept a journal throughout my trip so in the next few weeks I’ll be adding lots of new entries sharing my thoughts and experiences.
In the meantime I’ll try and maintain an element of suspense for anyone who doesn’t yet know whether I made it to the top of Mt Meru & Kilimanjaro.

Kilimanjaro at sunrise, viewed from the Miriakaba Hut on Mt Meru.

No comments:

Post a Comment