Thursday 8 December 2011

Leaving, On A Jet Plane…….

I’ve finally booked my flights, and whilst there was never any doubt that I was going to go but with a decent chunk taken out of credit card it really does feel like the point of no return!
I had hoped to have them sorted a while ago but I was waiting for confirmation of the date that I would need to arrive and  also because I wanted to spend a little time digging around reviewing my options were before parting with my hard earned cash.
I wouldn’t consider myself a nervous flyer but I do like as much comfort as possible (who doesn’t) and it was looking as though my best options were going to be a choice between Ethiopian Airlines and Kenyan Airways.
Irrational thought prevailed as I worried about pretty much everything, the condition of the planes, food, entertainment (?) and no matter how hard I tried I just couldn’t shake the vision of bouncing around in a 1930’s cargo plane with a couple of goats and a dozen chickens for company!
I wonder what the food's like!
I’ve no doubt that I’m being grossly unfair to both Kenyan Airways and Ethiopian Airlines (whom I’m told have one of the newest fleets in the skies) but I could have kissed the man at Dial-a-Flight when he told me that I could fly Virgin and change at Nairobi.
And after the better part of two weeks trekking up mountains and generally “roughing it” I thought so much for austerity and treated myself to the relative luxury of Virgins Premium Economy for the flight home!

No comments:

Post a Comment