Tuesday 22 May 2012

The A Team…....


Outward Bound School Hut – 27th February 

The plan is to split the group into two teams for the summit ascent.

The first team will aim to leave around 11:00pm (TONIGHT!) with the second following approximately 45mins later.

The idea is that both will walk at a similar pace but the extra time will allow for extra breaks for team A and in theory we should all reach the summit at about the same time.

So far I’m still feeling strong and have been walking well, I’ve no doubt in my mind that tomorrow is likely to be tougher than anything I have done before (and probably than I can imagine) so I could have a lie in (?!) and go with the second group.

However, I’ve been in a really fortunate position to be able to help many of the guys in the “A Team” throughout the trek and as a result have developed a stronger bond with many of them.

I also can’t help but feel that it would be a real privilege to see some of the guys (and girls) who were struggling so badly on the first day achieve something that at times must have felt so out of reach.

And if there is some small way left in which I can help these guys to make it then that really would be something truly special and can only enrich my own journey to the top.


 The Proposed "A Team"
Nerissa, Dembi & Joe
Jas, Kate & Raj
Suzie & Yours Truly 

No comments:

Post a Comment