Thursday 8 September 2011

Who am I?


No I’ve not come down with a sudden bout of existentialism but for those of you that are not related to me I thought it may be useful to know a little more about me and the motivation behind my Kilimanjaro trek for the Kids Company.

Of course those of you who do know me will be familiar with my propensity to meander my way through any story therefore appreciate that this unlikely to be something that I’ll be skimming over so rather than bludgeon you with some type of blogging opus I’ll break it down into a few individual entries hopefully making it easier to read (or skip altogether).

I’m 35 years old, purposefully not married although permanently engaged (“committed” always makes me feel like I should be in an asylum) to Claire for almost 12 years with no children but we do have a 4 year old Weimaraner Lottie who we absolutely adore (except when she’s sitting proudly behind a pile of mangled plastic that used to be your Oakley sunglasses)!

Despite being a very fit and active teenager, exercise made way for beer and takeaways during my twenties until five years ago I found myself on the wrong side of 20 stone (280 lbs) with some acute anxiety and depression thrown in for good measure.

Suffice to say with the help of some excellent therapists and the support I received from family and friends (particularly Claire who demonstrated saint like levels of patience and understanding) that after about six months I had managed to work my way through the worst of it so that by the time a little silver whirlwind blew into our lives I was primed to begin a new chapter………

No comments:

Post a Comment