Tuesday 10 January 2012

In (cyber)Space, No One Can Hear You Scream…….

There are times when my mind wanders and manages to find all manner of bizarre situations for me to worry about.

Often these are easily brushed aside but occasionally they are camouflaged by a shroud of plausibility and so this week I’ve found myself panicking over lost luggage.

Normally it’s not something I would spend a lot of time fretting about but this time everything I’m taking will have a very specific purpose and if lost there will be virtually no time (or shops) in which I could replace it.

So I found myself on the internet trying to establish just how likely it would be that both my luggage and me would make the same connection between flights in Nairobi.

And needless to say that was a mistake!

You see virtually no one goes onto the internet to comment on how their luggage arrived OK, or that their flight departed and arrived exactly on time, or how every member of airline/airport staff they encountered were friendly and helpful!

By the time I had spent the rest of my lunch break reading an array of horror stories about people that had lost luggage/valuables/relatives whilst travelling to Kilimanjaro my initial concern was bordering on a full blown panic attack!

Then the voice of reason kicked in (admittedly not mine) and helped me remember not to believe everything you read on the internet.
And as my breathing returned to normal I smiled and thanked them, all the while wondering just how many clothes I can wear on the Airplane!

No comments:

Post a Comment