Friday 27 January 2012

Peak District – Dovedale.........

There’s only 20 days to go and so before it all starts getting a bit serious I’ve got a bit of a photofest for you from my latest (and last) training trip!

I‘ve always wanted to visit Dovedale with its Chocolate Box landscapes and in the summer the valley is crawling with hordes (and hordes) of visitors.  

So although I knew it wouldn’t be looking its best on a chilly Friday in mid January but even so the scenery was still achingly beautiful and I was very grateful to be away from the crowds.



Beats being in the office.



Looking down the Dovedale valley.

 .
Well I know there hasn’t been any heavy rain in Essex


Lottie looking less than impressed at being left behind.



Lots of caves but no hidden treasure (but we checked anyway)



There are some moments that simply take your breath away.  

I first watched this Heron, flying in almost complete silence for about 30 seconds, following the line of the river perfectly.

We found him again on our way back which is when I managed to get this pic!


The changes between light and shade as the valley twists and turns were breathtaking.


On the way up to Thorpe Cloud, Lottie in her usual spot, up ahead and waiting for me to catch up.


She wasn’t  too sure about the stepping stones though!


 But she soon got the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment