Monday 16 January 2012

Prior Planning and Preparation…….


It’s now just a month until I’ll be stepping off the plane and catching my first glimpse of the Kilimanjaro and Mt Meru and over the last few weeks the logistics have really started coming together.

My passport now boasts a Tanzanian Visa (complete with a shiny holographic representation of (Kilimanjaro) and my arm is being punctured on a regular basis to ensure that I return with no more than photographs and happy memories.

The pile of new kit grows ever larger and I’m pretty sure the days are numbered where I can use the trek as an excuse to indulge what is becoming an outdoor gear fetish!

So with everything else going so well it’s perhaps inevitable that my training has taken a nose dive!

Whilst ambitious, I have also tried to be realistic with my training plan and always knew that it would be difficult to maintain over the Christmas period.

What I wasn’t expecting for was having broken the routine, just how hard it would be to get going again in the New Year.

I could provide any number of excuses to do with the weather/work//illness (delete as appropriate) but the simple truth was my motivation had taken a nosedive and I simply couldn’t be bothered!

However the harsh reality is the mountains aren’t going anywhere and they’re not getting any smaller, so the time to stop making excuses and get the training back on track because it’s the best way I know to……..

Prevent Piss Poor Performance!


No comments:

Post a Comment