Thursday 5 January 2012

Keep Calm and Carry On…….

Firstly belated Merry Christmas, I hope Santa was very kind to you all, he brought me a map of Kilimanjaro and possibly the last remaining guide book that I haven’t (yet ) spent hours scrutinising every detail.

I’m really not sure what happened this year, one minute Christmas felt like it was a very long time away, then suddenly there was complete panic as we ran about trying to get everything sorted in time.

Now that Christmas has flashed by and we hurtle towards the New Year, Mount Meru and Kilimanjaro are looming larger than ever as I start to count weeks instead of the months, and I’ve little doubt that in no time at all that I’ll be down to counting the days.

And there still feels like there’s so much to do!

There’s kit that needs buying (well perhaps not but it’s too good an excuse to miss), Insurance and visas to arrange and immunisations to check and of course the other couple of dozen things that I’m forgetting right now.

And somewhere amidst all this there’s training that I need to get back on track (yes it did lapse over Christmas and no, let’s not talk about the diet) and the small matter of sponsorship that needs to be raised.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I know that I’ve got everything under control and there’s still plenty of time to get it all sorted so for now I just need to do as the slogan says.

No comments:

Post a Comment