Thursday 2 February 2012

I Believe……

I just can’t believe how quickly the time is flashing by, in just two weeks I will be arriving in Tanzania and getting my first glimpse of the mountains I hope to climb!
It’s been great to see that after all the planning everything seems to be falling into place.
There’s been a few hiccups, the boots I was planning to use had split and have had to be replaced, leaving me with just enough time (I hope) to break in a new pair and the advice on the Yellow Fever vaccination still appears to change on a daily basis (probably better just to get it)!
Even a nasty dose of Man Flu appears to have struck at the right time allowing me a couple of weeks to recover (it was very bad) rather than ambushing me just a couple of days before I travel!
And then to top it all on Saturday I had a good run!
I completed 15.5k in 1h 27m a new personal best and the first time I had been broken the 90min mark.
I was bloody knackered at the end of it and more than a little surprised as at the start I’d only been hoping to finish the run!
As I warmed down and stretched I felt this shiver down my spine and this weird combination of confidence, excitement and serenity.
It felt like that moment in a Rocky movie when the bells begin to chime and you know everything has changed!
And so it’s no longer a case of thinking I can climb those mountains…..
I KNOW I CAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment