Tuesday 7 February 2012

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas……

Don’t worry, I haven’t completely lost the plot (yet) but with the shops putting up their decorations earlier and earlier you have got to go some to beat them to it nowadays and besides I had to grab your attention somehow!
With little over a week left it definitely feels like the calm before the storm as after months and months of preparation and training it suddenly feels like there’s very little left to do.
The training is easing off and I have all the kit I need (probably a lot more than I need truth be told).
My arm is no longer required as the doctors personal pin cushion and all my visas, insurance and currency is sorted.
Even the sponsorship is coming together!
I’ve now received almost £1,500 through my Virgin Money Giving page and with another £1,000 due to be donated offline I’m now tantalisingly close to my target (so if you haven’t given yet now’s the time)!
So for the first time since I actually booked the trip, I find myself thinking about the adventure that lies ahead without running through a mental checklist of everything that needs to be done.
This means I can start to get properly excited.
Just like I do in the days before Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I'm more excited about you coming home and you haven't even gone yet. 138!

    ReplyDelete