Friday 3 February 2012

Where Does All The Money Go……

According to my Virgin Money Giving Page I’m closing in on the halfway point of my £3,000 sponsorship target.
In reality I feel we’re much closer to £2,500 mark as there are two good amounts that I should be able to register in the near future.
I’m genuinely lost for words (a very rare occurrence) to thank those of you who have supported me and the work the Kids Company do.
So if you’ve already donated, here’s a little information on how your money is being spent:
Imagine being a six-year old.
Your mother has left you alone with your siblings, and locked the door.  You are starving, but she is too disturbed to notice.
The neighbours know about your hunger and through the letterbox they throw in cupcakes, but they are too frightened to alert social services because your mother’s boyfriend has the capacity to harm them.
The cupcakes make for a good day.
On a bad day you draw pictures of food on pieces of paper and swallow them.
This is a true story from one of the children at Kids Company.
In order to return them to a safer childhood they begin by providing food.
They feed 2,000 children a week, offering two meals a day and in sitting together with the Kids Company staff, eating at a dining table, children are afforded a family experience which they appreciate profoundly.
With £1.60 per child per day the Kids Company makes a difference.
They create little miracles every day for children hungry for food.


I am raising money for the Kids Company because of initiatives such as this.
I am not doing it to get a free/cheap holiday.
I am personally covering ALL the costs associated with the trek so that every penny you donate (including the gift aid) goes towards helping the Kids Company and the work they do.
If you haven’t yet sponsored me, please take a minute or two to visit my Virgin Money Giving Page and PLEASE consider doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment