Wednesday 30 November 2011

100 Mile Challenge – The Result…….


The last 30 days has, at times, felt like one of the Top Gear challenges. It starts off all light hearted and jaunty but as it progresses it becomes more serious and the closer you get to the finish you realise the closer the finish is going to be!

Except that my challenge didn’t have any jaw dropping scenery, nor did it come with a tension building soundtrack and there certainly wasn’t any V12 supercharged sports cars to eat up the mileage!

I always knew it was going to be tough and to be honest if I’d realised just how hard it was going to be I probably wouldn’t have started it in the first place. But then that would have somewhat missed the point.

I’ve learnt a lot about myself, physically I’m much stronger than I would have believed and my recent trip to the Lake District really highlighted how well this improved fitness translates into time on the hill.

But perhaps more importantly I have discovered new depths to my emotional reserves, a desire to keep going when everything else is crying out for me to stop.  Never was this more apparent than in the last few days when it has felt that even the elements have been against me!

Over the last month I have taken a little over 17 hours to complete 19 runs.

I have used an estimated 16,000 calories and spent almost 5 hours stretching.

My average speed has been just under 9.5 km per hour.

And throughout the month at no point has the percentage of distance completed exceeded the percentage of time elapsed………




Until tonight.

100.93 miles of 100 completed (£60.56 raised).

November 100 mile challenge………..DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment