Tuesday 1 November 2011

100 Miles………

Or 160.93 kilometres as that tends to be my preferred method for measuring distance (admittedly because it sounds further)!
As the evenings get darker and the weather starts to deteriorate I have been looking for ways to keep committed to driving my training onwards (and hopefully upwards).
My latest “brainstorm” is to try and run a distance of 100 miles throughout the month of November, I know to many seasoned runners this may not be all that impressive but I will need to make a significant commitment to achieve it.
Over the last two months my weekly average has been between 25 -30 km I can’t just jump up to the required 40 km without risking injury so that means I’ll have to accrue a shortfall in the first week or two and probably end up running closer to 50 km in the final week!
It’s going to be HARD, and I simply cannot afford to get home from work and look out to a dark, wet night and decide I just don’t fancy it, but even if I don’t quite make it I hope that by the end of it I’ll been broken down even more barriers in my training and will be that much closer to reaching the summit.
0 miles of 100 completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment