Friday 25 November 2011

The Final Furlong(s)…………

Brace yourselves for a bit of a blogging bonanza over the next week or so as I have my trip to the Lake District to write about and there’s some key elements of the Kilimanjaro trek that are almost ready to report on too.
However before all that I wanted to post a quick update on my November “100 mile” challenge as we move into the final week.
It’s been tough, (sometimes REALLY tough) and there have been plenty of times when I have questioned myself and had to fight hard to resist the lure of the sofa but “so far” (geddit?) I’ve managed to stick it out.
I always knew from my schedule that there was going to be a deficit built up over the first few weeks that was going to have to be made up, and whilst very enjoyable my four days in the Lake District really didn’t help!
The bad news is that I have to find just under another 30 miles in the six days remaining.
The good news is I have a plan which will take me over the target but it involves running further than I ever have before over six consecutive days!
So really it all comes down to this, if I shorten or miss a run I fail, if I don’t I’ll succeed…………….
71.04 miles of 100 completed (£35.52 raised).

No comments:

Post a Comment