Friday 4 November 2011

Out of the blue……….

I'm not very good at asking for help at the best of times and asking for money is even harder, especially with Christmas fast approaching!
If I’m honest it can sometimes feel like a long constant grind and your fundraising target that felt ever so achievable when you first set it now seems higher and further away than the mountain itself!
But sometimes, out of the blue someone comes along and blows me away with their generosity, their imagination or occasionally a combination of the two.
Yesterday I received a text message from my sister and brother in law offering to sponsor me 50p per mile for my 100 mile challenge.  As well as being an exceptionally generous it’s also a great way of keeping me motivated through my training as I can visualise my sponsorship increasing with every mile I run!
It hadn’t even occurred to me to utilise this side challenge to garner more donations so a big:

 to Elaine & Rob!
So if you fancy joining in (or like the sadistic thought of helping force me out into the cold, dark nights to pound away the miles) email me your per mile rate at simongvskilimanjaro@gmail.com and I’ll confirm the final amount raised at the end of the month!
1p per mile = £1
5p per mile = £5
10p per mile = £10
15p per mile = £15
20p per mile = £20
£25p per mile = £25


5.28 miles of 100 completed (£3.73 raised).

2 comments:

  1. I'll sponsor you 10p per mile - great idea! Keep up the good work Si xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow guys that's amazing, thank you very muchly!

    ReplyDelete