Wednesday 16 November 2011

Digging in………

There’s always at least one point in every challenge I take on where I find myself faced with a very simple choice, do I give in and walk away or do I dig in and keep chipping away?
Sometimes there is a specific, identifiable moment when I can decide to quit or to continue, and on other occasions it can last for much longer, the doubt chipping away over hours or even days depending on the challenge.
On my original "100 mile" plan weekends accounted for over half of my target however thanks to a pair of wicked blisters I lost most of last weekend, and with four days walking in the Lake District planned for this weekend I’m left with a great big hole in my schedule that I am desperately trying to make up!
So it feels like something of a make or break week for the challenge, I’ve tweaked my plan and as a result I’m running harder and longer every evening, battling with myself to squeeze out an extra mile, to postpone the solace and comfort of the sofa for a little longer as I claw my way a little closer to my target!
And therein lies the heart (and the genius?) of this challenge, because even if I do manage to achieve it there will still be an awful lot of work to do before Kilimanjaro but if I don’t make it, by just attempting it I will be that much closer to being ready.
42.76 miles of 100 completed (£21.38 raised).

No comments:

Post a Comment